Jennifer Lawrence's 10 movies based on books

Last weeks broke the news that Jennifer Lawrence will  take part in yet another book adaptation. After spectacular success of Hunger Games trilogy (the second part of Mockingjay hits theaters this Fall) the news may not surprise you but did you know that JLaw has a collection of ten movies based on books in her filmography? Here's an overview of Lawrence's book-to-movie picks, including those already made and awaiting movie projects.

When asked about favorite YA series JLaw answered without hesitation:

Harry Potter. I was so crazy about Harry Potter I read it twice.

All of them twice. I didn’t have a favorite,

I thought they were all amazing.

Although JLaw picked Rowling's fantasy series as her ultimate hit she's more than eager to cast in book-to-movie adaptations from various genres. The actress has been known and appreciated by movie critics prior Hunger Games Part One movie but it is this very title that brought her international fame and crowds of fans. Hunger Games trilogy, however, wasn't the first adaptation Lawrence took part in.

•  In Winter's Bone based on Daniel Woodrell's novel Jennifer Lawrence played seventeen-year-old Ree Dolly who looked after her mentally ill mother. The actress gained praises and left a significant mark in the movie business receiving numerous awards and nominations proving she's a young and much talented actress.

Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell

• The international success came with the adaptation of the first part of Suzanne Collin's dystopian series The Hunger Games, and continues with next parts.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Collins Suzanne

The second part of Mockingjay hits big screens November 2015. Asked about her favorite Hunger Games movie, Jennifer said:

Probably Mockingjay, with Hunger Games a close second,
I say that because in Mockingjay I get to be Joan of Arc.
Except I live to tell the tale!

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

• In 2014 Jennifer and Bradley Cooper (starring also in The Silver Linings Playbook) reunited on the set of Serena based on novel by Ron Rash. This American-French drama tells a story of newlyweds running a timber business in 1930s North Carolina.

Serena by Ron Rash

Jennifer Lawrence's future

book-to-movie projects

From media coverage and press releases we've learnt that Jennifer Lawrence closed deals for four more book adaptations, which include retelling of John Steinbeck's East of Eden, romance The Rosie Project by Graeme SimsionHannah Kent’s Burial Rites and memoir It's What I Do: A Photographer's Life of Love and War by Lynsey Addario  who was one of four journalists held captive by the Libyan Army in 2011.